35,000 - 40,000
Our client is looking for a Transport Manager to work in their transport and compliance department
The Transport Manager is responsible for the company Operators Licence and for organising and overseeing all safety checks and routine vehicle checks and adhering to regulations and law.
Responsible for all driver training, management of infringements, drivers driving behaviours, management of driver hours and driver disciplinary's.
The successful candidate would be responsible to update all transport employees and Directors of current legislation and any changes in legislation and effectively manage the changes in the business ensuring the business remains compliant
• Understand daily and weekly routing plans by liaising with the Transport Planners, and the internal company tracking system.
• Plan, organise, and manage workloads to ensure work is completed to a satisfactory standard and in accordance with required timescales.
• To co-ordinate all Driver CPC training, ensuring that all personnel are up to date with points and knowledge.
• Investigate and manage any customer complaints in relation to drivers.
• Review, manage, and implement any required schedule and policy changes, including managing and implementing new projects such as change of tracker and tacho provider and implementation of driver performance incentive program.
• Monitor operations to ensure that personnel comply with policies and procedures, safety rules, and driving regulations and law.
• conduct a weekly review of driver time sheets against the vehicle tracker for payroll and ER purposes.
• Conduct investigations to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures.
• To manage all recruitment activities for new driving personnel.
• To manage any employment relations issues with all drivers including handling of any disciplinaries or grievances.
• Monitor and report on transportation costs, to include fuel and driver's costs (including working hours)
• Analyse performance of vehicles and drivers, to encourage better performance to include damage, fuel, harsh breaking, over speeds etc.
• Negotiate and authorise contracts with suppliers of CPC trainers
• Prepare management recommendations and keep management informed and aware of industry changes and legislation.
• Conduct employee training and coaching sessions on subjects such as driver training, and safety standards, including daily walk around checks and driver infringements.
• Conduct tachograph analysis
• Complete all new driver inductions and training
• Management of all agency drivers, monitoring of cards, accidents, breaks and hours
• Keep organised and accurate records of vehicles, schedules, and transport activities.
• Ensure compliance is adhered to at all times, and to remain up to date with safety and driving regulations.
• Collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
• Serve as a main point of contact for all personnel surrounding any transportation queries.
Knowledge and experience
• Proven work experience as a Transportation Manager, or similar role
• Experience of route analysis and monitoring driver behaviors
• Familiarity with logistics software, like trackm8ate, tru tac, Aquarius
• Knowledge of budgets and financial controls
• Knowledge of regulations and legislation
• Must be able to work off own initiative and as part of a team
• Experience of working in fresh produce preferable
• Proven experience within a compliant company - operator license to stay within green
• Be able to develop and implement processes, procedures including the management of such
• Ability to work under pressure
• You must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Developing and managing KPI's
Skills and personal aptitudes
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to supervise and train staff
• Problem-solving abilities
• Numerical and analytical
• Strong communication and people management skills
• Safety conscious with a full knowledge of transport operations and maintenance
• Ability to deliver internal training and coaching
• Full CPC Holder
• Class 1 Licence
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.