Job Title:Part Time Payroll & HR Administrator
Salary:22,000-25,000 pro rata
Hours:Monday to Wednesday 9am-5pm.
Overtime and holiday cover also available
Day to day duties will include the following:
• Preparation and administration of weekly and monthly payrolls - complete driver timesheet records, clock cards ( 100 employees )
• Distribution of online payslips and document
• Administration of PAYE, National Insurance deductions based on individual personal allowances
• Mandatory deductions of Student Loans, SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP, Court Orders and other legislative responsibilities.
• Completion of HMRC statutory forms such as P45s, SSP1 and SMP1
• Electronically retrieve and apply tax coding and student loan deduction notices
• Summaries and analyses of staff costs
• Administration of pension schemes and pension auto enrolment , incentive schemes, bonuses, and termination payments
• Creating banking files and Sage salary payments
• Liaise with HM Revenue & Customs regarding all PAYE responsibilities ensuring compliance with current payroll legislation
• Submission of Annual reporting and tasks including final Full Payment Summary (FPS), production of employees P60 forms, Earlier Year Update (EYU)
• Pension Deductions, employee pension correspondence and maintenance of pension portal
• Telephone support for queries and instant corrections or changes
• Ensuring that all RTI submissions are sent in accordance with HMRC regulations
• Understanding of and experience in implementing new Covid-19 payroll legislation i.e. furlough claims, Coronavirus SSP calculations and payments.
• Support a broad range of day to day HR transactional activities through our Helpdesk environment, relating to the complete employee lifecycle including: appraisal, absence management, discipline, grievance, payroll, benefits, leavers, etc
• Specifically support the recruitment and onboarding process, through drafting offer letters and employment contracts to ensuring the smooth transition of new starters into the business by carrying out effective induction of contractors and permanent staff.
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
• Good organisational skills
• Confident telephone manner
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to manage time, prioritise work and monitor and manage deadlines
• Essential - Competent operating Sage software
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Previous payroll experience required: min 2 years
Office Workforce are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories; Clerical and Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales and Business Development, Secretarial and PA, Professional and Management. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.