Bideford upon Avon
35,000 - 37,000 & 5%
To create and manage material PO's to ensure adequate piece parts to fulfil the production plan.
Manage supplier relationships, agree areas and actions for improvements in OTIF schedule adherence.
• Review MRP output and create and transmit PO's to suppliers.
• Generate forecast schedules from IFS and send to suppliers.
• Update IFS with confirmed promised delivery dates received from suppliers.
• Expedite supplier PO acknowledgments.
• Establish PO's that are past due and expedite as required
• Inform Production Planners of delivery shortfalls.
• Manage Supplier On-Time Delivery, working with Suppliers and Logistics Providers
• Manage supplier related data within IFS ensuring accuracy and timely update.
• Organize outbound and inbound transportation as required.
• Create Distribution Order and Delivery Note etc. for receipt of material into DCs
• Actively seek solutions to supply/supplier difficulties before informing Procurement
• of any issues that cannot be resolved.
• Tactical Supplier relationship Management (e.g., L/T, Lot size, Kanban, Regular communication)
• Supplier Management including price negotiation based on spend parameters set
• Regular Issuance of Forecasts to Suppliers
• Ensure revised specifications and drawings are issued to Suppliers in a timely manner
• Create and distribute reports relating to the production schedule as required.
• Advise on any inconsistencies/inefficiencies within MRP master data as appropriate.
• Seek ways to improve current processes on an ongoing basis.
• Ensure that you as an associate meet the requirements regarding Quality and GMP issues as detailed in the Company Quality Policy.
• Other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Previous experience within a Materials Planning environment.
• Strong analytical and numerate skills required.
• Competent with MS office applications and operating with ERP systems
• Effective communication and influencing skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with manufacturing, demand and material planning.
• Understanding of Export Documentation & Requirements
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 3 Years of Material Planning experience.
• Good level of education.
• Able to work reasonable overtime if required
• A qualification in Production Inventory Management (e.g. APICS CPIM), Purchasing (e.g. CIPS) or other relevant qualification or willing to work towards, is desirable
• Ability to work within a multifunctional team and be a fully supporting member of that team.
• The ability to prioritise your day and able to work under pressure when required