0845 257 6686
Our client are looking to recruit a full time Transport Coordinator to join their office in Tewkesbury.
They are a privately run, family owned business providing temperature controlled and time critical transport nationwide.
The role will primarily involve assisting with the scheduling, sequencing, and routing of the vehicles, liaising with our drivers, handling and processing paperwork, taking orders & dealing with queries and resolving any issues.
You would join on a full time basis, 40 hours per week, with overtime opportunities, operating across 3 weekly shift rotas; 06:00 till 14:00, 08:00 till 16:00 and 14:00 till 22:00, there would be some weekend working involved and on call requirements. A flexible approach to working hours is required.
Skills & Experience:
• The ability to work on your own initiative.
• A methodical and logical approach with good problem-solving abilities and an eye for detail.
• A professional and confident telephone manner as the role will entail communication with a variety of stakeholders & customers.
• Experience with Microsoft office, Excel & Word would be advantageous.
• The ability to manage driver's hours in relation to customer requirements and volume demands.
• Confidence to schedule, sequence and route drivers and vehicles, ensuring work is planned to time and cost parameters.
• Act as the main point of contact to both our drivers and customers, effectively dealing with any issues as they arise.
• Carry out driver debriefs, ensuring that our transport operation is running both safely and cost-effectively.
• Escalate details of vehicle accidents, defects, or any fleet issues to senior management.
• Previous transport or logistics experience is advantageous but not essential as full training will be given to the successful applicant(s).