0845 257 6686
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Technologist on behalf of one of our busy clients in the Redditch area!
Shift times: 3 on 4 off / 4 on 3 off
To drive high factory and product standards through internal auditing, monitoring and reporting on food safety, legality and quality to ensure products, processes and factory environment are consistently fully compliant with Technical systems. Driving improvement and ensuring resolution of non-compliance to avoid repeated issues.
· Work effectively as an internal quality assurance compliance auditor, carrying out audits in the following areas in line with scheduled requirement: GMP, CCP’s, Label and Date Coding, Traceability, Hygiene, Fabrication, Product quality, Documentation and Paperwork, Production processes and procedures. Ensuring full documentation of the audits and clear communication of audit results including non-conformance root cause follow up and verification of closure to prevent repeated issues
· Investigate in light of food safety, quality or legality issues, obtaining full traceability information and communicate findings to management team.
· Follow QA procedures and systems to ensure compliance with required third party audit and customer code of practise standards
· Manage Olympus Auto verification system, Metal Detectors, Check Weighers, ensure that all is set up prior to pre-production runs and provide support as required during operations.
· To be the first point of call for all other operational departments requiring food safety, legality, quality support/advice with the day to day factory operation
· Investigations to be carried out for; out of specification results (OOS) for Microbiological, Allergen, Nutritional individual or trending issues; Customer complaints; Foreign body including metal and glass damage/breakage. Root cause analysis to determine actions required to resolve and prevent re-occurrence.
· Identify and issue documented Non-conformances, Concessions, Hold notifications. Manage the systems in place to ensure product and process is controlled. Ensure all Quarantined goods are managed appropriately and in a timely manner
· Carry out routine validations in accordance with HACCP scheduled requirement, support with new process validations as required
· Attendance at new product/process trials to ensure smooth transition for launch
· Play an active role in the complaints reduction action plan working with operations to drive high product quality standards
· To be a key member of the audit traceability team
· Communicate effectively with all the departments and across all levels
· Ensure effective documented hand over to the next shift to maintain consistency in standards
· Provide support and guidance to the Quality Assurance Technicians
· Provide cover for the QA Technicians tasks during absence as requested by Technical management
· Fully understand and comply with all department and company policies and guidelines
· Work positively and cross functionally with all departments to drive continuous improvement in product quality and QA systems
· Any other duties or project work may be assigned as deemed necessary to the needs of the business.