Job Title: Mechanical Assembly Fitter Location: Coventry
Shift: Day Shift Hours: 39hrs
Pay Rate: circa £24000 Overtime rate: Time & Half
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Assembly Fitter for our prestigious client based in Coventry
You will be joining a team of 30 staff to work in one of the country’s most modern manufacturing production facilities.
- Permanent contract with future progression.
- Excellent, clean working conditions
- Safe and secure FREE parking on site.
- Onsite facilities and lunchroom.
With over 40 years’ experience in the field of high quality, precision tooling for a variety of machining applications this company is looking for good quality experienced staff to help[ take them to the next level.
What’s the job?
- Working from Engineering drawings to BS / ISO standards, which candidates must prove that they can read and interpret.
- Assemble to drawings, adjust and/or modify components to ensure optimum fit for smoothness and efficiency of operation of gear driven Angle head, Speed Increaser and Multiread Tooling products and then test/inspect/certify the final assembly.
- Ability to use manual lathes and surface grinders for making any necessary final adjustments to components.
- Day shift working
Who can do this?
As a responsible worker you will be expected to;
- The ideal candidate will have a Mechanical Engineering qualification or suitable apprenticeship, but a proven track record could also suffice
- Ability to interpret and work to Engineering drawings.
- A good working knowledge of gears and bearing assemblies
- Ability to plan and work from own initiative, with minimum supervision.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate attention to detail and reliability.
- Full appreciation of the need to maintain the very highest standards of workmanship for products that perform critical functions.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to support customers on their own site with repairs.
- Some flexibility of working may be required to meet customer deadlines.
If you are interested then please contact Wayne Brown on 01527 390039 or send an email to email@example.com