20,000 - 24,000
Overview: You will coordinate receipt of all deliveries, ensuring that they are inspected, booked in and batch labelled, and allocated either to storage or processing.
You will ensure stock is stored in such as way as to be readily accessible (efficient access and retrieval, particularly of high frequency items), protected from possible product contamination or spoilage, clearly labelled, and listed on a rolling inventory list to assist the Accounts team in stock valuations.
Your Incoming Goods and Storage role is to critically inspect incoming goods against commonly accepted and documented standards, report non-conformance through the Operations team or purchaser, safely and efficiently store materials and consumables, assist in keeping production flowing by accessing off-site or harder to access materials required for processing, and ensure all goods are batch controlled, traceable, clearly labelled and identifiable as having passed or failed inspection. You are expected to maintain excellent housekeeping standards and to ensure storage and safety standards are maintained. You will also oversee waste management on site, ensuring production operations remain efficient through removal of waste and supply of empty containers, also managing waste collections to ensure sufficient capacity exists for storage of waste in a hygienic and orderly manner.
In the area of off-site sub-contracted processes, you will pack goods for transport, completing appropriate records; and may be required to ferry goods locally to and from outworkers or sub-contractors, completing relevant goods inwards inspections on re-entry.
An additional aspect to the role is to handle all pallet despatch, packing and preparing consignments for transportation and ensuring they are fully protected, labelled according to customer requirements, compliant with customer standards and booked in to the haulier's delivery system. You will aim to minimise transport costs while ensuring goods reach customers in the same condition that they left Meridian.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager you will also offer support in all areas of goods inwards, storage, picking and despatch as per the immediate needs of the business.
Quality and safety checks must be carried out as per documented instructions and records must be kept including signatures on relevant paperwork (delivery notes, incoming goods check lists, works instruction dockets, etc.).
* Goods inwards - receipt of goods, inspection, paperwork completion, storage or movement
* Outwork & sub-contracted processes - packing, ferrying, completion of paperwork
* Production flow - ensuring all materials and sundries or consumables are accessible efficiently as needed by production
* Pallet despatch - preparation, adherence to customer standards, booking, packing, loading
* Waste management - retrieval of full containers and supply of empty containers, booking collections
* Health and Safety Requirements:Awareness of safe use of wrapping equipment
* Awareness of safe use and inspection routine for Fork Lift Truck
* Awareness of general risks in production and stores
* Awareness of external site risks and moving vehicles
* Awareness of evacuation procedures
* Awareness of chemical handling and storage including location of fireproof solvent containers
* PPE: mandatory safety footwear; mandatory hi-visibility outside
Each day we are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work throughout Worcestershire.
We operate from several conveniently located registration centres, therefore are likely to have an office close to you. We cover the following job categories:
Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving.
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.