Reporting to the depot transport manager, this role will require a strong individual able to drive and deliver results in a very fast paced environment, with the ability to execute delivery of the daily plans.
The individual will be expected to comply and support all legal legislation in regard to fleet operations including good control of defect management, dispatch and delivery process.
This person will also need to be able to manage good communications and build a strong relationship with both suppliers and drivers. A large part of the daily activities will include managing and improving driver behaviours, infringements and vehicle efficiencies.
Process Management: • Good communications skills and able to clearly engage with drivers on ensure they complete their daily activities, including any special instructions required by our customers.
• The issuing of keys and other assets in line with our legal obligations.
• Reporting Breakdowns and following up response times.
• Taking ownership of the day to day workplan in line with transport KPIS and co-ordinating and planning the following day's activities.
• Co-ordinating and executing agency and Subco requirements in line with the transport daily plans.
• Ensuring all other work declarations, RTWs, Infringements have been communicated with drivers and successfully signed off.
• Daily checks to ensure all drivers receive a licence check and PPE.
• Communicate all stored briefs to drives and any special requirements.
• Undertake infringement discussions with drivers within the correct timeline and follow up any appropriate actions.
• Report all Vehicle defects, escalate any damage related defects to the transport manager. Ensure all damaged is fully investigated with supporting evidence and driver statements.
• The control and checking of all agency work declarations and agency paperwork is completed, checked and filed. Escalate any illegal no compliance immediately, and ensure driver is not placed on the road.
• Complete all Driver RTWs prior to shift starting time.
• In depth accident investigations, any further actions required on conclusion to be reported to transport manager. All incidents to be reported to the Transport manager, National fleet manager and insurance within 24hrs.
Leadership and Management of staff: • Communicate effectively with the team through daily and weekly meetings.
• Able to make clear and clinical decisions based on data and factual evidence in a fast moving high pressure environment.
• Manage the relationship between the depot and transport teams and customer services.
• Identify and support those staff, through coaching and facilitation of other development opportunities to improve retention, and further succession development.
• Able to interpret performance data in order to draw conclusions, and identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions.
• Review the daily work plan and make alternative changes to meet costs and quality.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding and able to manage the fleet in the most cost effective way. Essential Skills: • Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to influence the views of internal and external customers.
• Good telephone communications skills.
• Able to make clear and clinical decisions based on data and factual evidence in a fast moving, high pressure environment.
• Able to interpret performance data in order to draw conclusions, identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions.
• Able to manage effectively in order to achieve daily and weekly tasks through organisation, delegation and prioritisation.
• Confident presenter to groups of people including internal and clients
• IT Literate - proficient in the use of MS Office including intermediate MS PowerPoint, and Excel skills for data analysis and presentation in order to influence business cases e.g. pivot tables, graphs etc
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.