Engineering Technical Purchaser
Position - Technical Buyer
Location - Willenhall
Salary - dependent on experience
The Background and Role
An innovative organisation in a specialist defence related industry is looking for a multi-skilled Technical Buyer to join their team.
The successful candidate will have experience in working in a project based mechanical engineering environment with a detailed knowledge of technical procurement. You need to be familiar with both electrical and mechanical engineering processes and will possess a relevant qualification (ONC/D). You will be required to support both the M & E development demands of the company in a quick and efficient manner to ensure our customers' tight timescales are met.
Primary Job Function;
Use key skills in technical procurement to support company projects and financial objectives.
• Excellent experience in a technical procurement role (project based) and able to demonstrate that you can balance quality, delivery and cost.
• Experience in either ERP or MRP systems and their use in the procurement process. Also working with a master list of parts and part lists.
• Experience in supplier selection and development.
• A broad understanding of mechanical and electrical processes
• Proven ability to operate in a self-directed environment
• Control of stock levels.
• Preferable experience of working in engineering company where they have been responsible for sourcing and selecting suppliers, placing and progressing the orders, control the goods inwards process and finally control the stock levels
• Awareness of and know how to calculate, reorder point, economic order quantity, minimum stock point etc.
Experience in small batch manufacturing.
Knowledge of design software
Knowledge of electro-pneumatic equipment
Experience of working in a small team environment.
Preferably 5+ years in engineering manufacturing environment.
Relevant purchasing/procurement qualification to minimum ONC/D level