0845 257 6686
Graduate Freight Forwarder
- An independent freight forwarding company specialising in providing Worldwide logistics services by air, road and sea to UK exporters and importers that require a reliable, professional and cost-effective solution.
- Servicing a wide range of vertical markets (B2B).
- Active client base of circa 258.
Main function of the job:
Working alongside and being trained / mentored by a Senior Operations Coordinator and as part of a team. The role is primarily involved in the European road operations department liaising with both clients and suppliers and managing export and import jobs from start to finish including post Brexit Customs Clearance formalities. From quotation stage, making bookings, monitoring shipments in transit and processing final invoices and maximising the Gross Profit whilst giving excellent customer service.
Modern purpose built office and warehouse in Redditch.
Duties of the role:
• Working within and supporting the operations team.
• Liaising with clients (Both verbally and in writing).
• Preparation of freight quotations.
• Negotiating with clients and suppliers.
• Raising job files and appropriate paperwork and placing bookings with suppliers.
• Monitoring shipments in transit.
• Problem solving any issues that arise.
• Raising sales invoices.
Experience / skills required
• Ideally a 2:1 degree.
• Living within a 40 minute commute of Redditch.
• Own car / transport.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Strong IT skills (Microsoft packages).
• A quick thinker with initiative.
• A willingness to learn and a good work ethic.
Character and personal attributes
• A confident, positive and engaging personality.
• Can do attitude.
• Strong work ethic.
• Team player.
• Confident communicator.
• Good attention to detail.
• Calm under pressure.