Job Description - Senior Transport Planner 28,000-32,000
We currently have the following position available to work in our fast paced logistics operation where we collect, store, cross dock and distribute fresh fruit and vegetables, based in Honeybourne near Evesham. Due to our rural location you need to be within a 20 mile radius of Honeybourne, Evesham.
This role would suit a candidate who is an experienced multi drop Transport Planner in chilled distribution to retail distribution centres.
Senior Transport Planner - Experience Chilled Multi Drop Distribution
Shift Pattern -
Week 1 - Monday to Thursday 11.00am to 19.00pm, Friday 09.00am to 19.00pm, Saturday and Sunday 09.00 am to 19.00pm.
Week 2 - Monday to Thursday 06.00am - 14.00pm, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, rest days.
The candidate will be an experienced multi drop transport planner in chilled distribution. You will be expected to take responsibility for the traffic planning routes and scheduling delivery times to meet our delivery times ensuring our customers receive a first class service.
You will be able to plan schedules in the most cost effective manner, have an excellent understanding of driver regulations and be able to demonstrate this managing drivers hours on a daily basis.
Key Skills Required;
• Good geographical knowledge,
• Planning routes, scheduling delivery times to ensure a smooth running of the operation.
• Prioritising workloads
• Driver briefs and de-briefs
• Traffic Management
• Problem Solving
• Working on your own initiative
• Managing time and tight deadlines
• Strong IT skills
• Team Player who is a self-motivated
Data inputting will also be required for our bespoke inhouse order system. An eye for detail, outgoing personality with good listening skills are essential.
The candidate must have a minimum of
• 5 GCSE's at grade C and above including Maths and English
• BTEC National Diploma or 2 A Levels
• Minimum of 2 year's experience in chilled distribution with multi drops
• Office 365, MS word and Excel competent including formulas.
This is a fast paced and constantly changing environment. The candidate must be outgoing, physically fit, think on their feet, with excellent communication skills,
Applicants without the required qualifications or experience of working in chilled multi drop logistics will be automatically disregarded.
Salary is dependent upon experience
• Casual dress
• Company Uniform
• Health Cash Plan
• 28 days holiday (including bank hols)