Job: European Freight Account Manager
Salary: £20,000 - £28,000 (DOE)
Location: Burntwood (WS7)
Our client are a very successful Freight Forwarding company and is the only Employee Owned freight / logistics company in the U.K. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a driven and excited team and help us to develop our growing European Roadfreight offering. Experience in European Road Freight Operations will be essential. You would be joining a stable team, bring a fresh pair of eyes into the Team, increase capability and capacity and benefit from development opportunities.
To provide additional operational assistance to our European Road Freight team, allowing further development of Espace's freight offering with existing and new customers.
Responsible for the delivery of operational activities, in accordance with targets set, to contribute to achievement of the company vision and overall business objectives, reaching targets/KPIs set year on year. Consistently perform to high quality standards.
- Look after all the customers who book full and part load, import and export shipments to Western, Eastern Europe and Worldwide
- Build up and nurture good working relationships with existing and new customers, which are being bought on line all the time by our sales department
- To increase business from existing, lapsed and recently gained clients
- Offer our customers an excellent customer service so that they come back to us time and time again with repeat and new business
- We work with a range of customers. Our customer base is made up of 'Freight Forwarders' and direct manufacturers
- We do not actually own any vehicles ourselves. We sub-contract all of our work to foreign and UK hauliers on a 'backload' basis
- Customers call in with quotes/enquiries. We quote the customer and try to secure the booking
- We then have to 'cover' the load with a haulier based in the appropriate country
- We have lists of hauliers for all over Europe for full and part loads/different types of vehicles. It is simply a matter of calling around to get the load covered making the maximum 'gross profit' on the job
- Over the years we have built up relationships with hauliers from every corner of Europe, so matching supply to demand is not normally a problem (obviously sometimes there are fewer vehicles around)
- Hauliers also call in regularly to announce their vehicles to us
- Language skills are an advantage
- We are looking to build on our existing team to bring fresh ideas and new methods of working
- Ongoing contacts would be an advantage
- To generate sales / profit linked directly to the current business plan. Focus and drive to achieve targets, budgets and results.
- Taking phone/e-mail enquiries from customers
- Using freight exchanges
- Quoting customers on the phone/calling them back ASAP with quotes/trying to secure bookings on the phone
- To identify any new sales opportunities for existing customers and effectively present key features of our services (new and existing) to secure new business for other markets.
- Logging quotes on the Quote Tracker
- Administering the whole booking process (with customers and hauliers), entering bookings onto our bespoke operations system and tracking loads through from booking to delivery
- Covering loads with hauliers, checking on them on the day of loading, making sure they will be 'tipped' in time and dealing with any problems they may have
- Proactively liaising with customer
- Spark! Hungry!
- Focus on results and willingly tackle problems or conflicts which threaten their achievement.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- To enjoy working with customers, therefore great with people, relatable, humorous, charisma, ability to quickly develop relationships, therefore being memorable
- Flexibility and quick thinking.
- Tough Negotiator
- Good overall knowledge of various modes: pallet / groupage / part and full / pallet networks
- Good knowledge about all the company's products and services. Good overall knowledge of European freight industry and markets. Relate to clients about market activity.
- To be well-organised and thorough, even under pressure.
- To enjoy working within a target-driven team environment - Be a team player
- Good drive and energy
Member of Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) - Annual Bonus (Tax-Free) for Employees
Training & Development Opportunities