Electrical Buyer (Production - Electronic Components)
This role is responsible for developing and implementing the commodity strategy for Purchased Electronic components in line with Departmental and Business strategies, achieving cost reduction activity without compromising quality, ensuring a sustainable supply chain and ability to adjust agile automotive environment by anticipation/proactively control of the Procurement function. Proactively assess/monitor and identify the commercial risk to the business and Customers in order to provide sustainable supply of the commodity parts
- Develop the commodity strategy in line with Departmental Business strategies and company policies.
- Implement the strategy and monitor the progress to ensure achieving cost down targets are achieved.
- Meet the time-bound target for New projects - coordinate to work efficiently and effectively with internal colleagues and suppliers.
- Develop and issue RFQ and evaluate open book quotations by making detailed comparisons between suppliers.
- Identify the areas of non-compliance between submitted quotations and Koito drawings/specifications
- Review the drawings to closely monitor any design changes and ensure that suppliers are fully aware of these changes in time and log/record all cost implications where applicable.
- Manage the project/your area of responsibility in line with industrial/customer/Koito new project processes including PPAP, delivery of trial parts, packing approval, ramp-up stock levels and hand-over.
- Negotiate with internal customers and/or suppliers in terms of contractual agreement or QCD agreement to secure the better deal to create positive impact profitability
- Maintain the regular contact with current/potential suppliers to develop/maintain commercially competitive business partnership - which includes visiting the supplier site for auditing of processes/commercial review.
- Monitor and assess any commercial risks in relation to existing suppliers and sub-suppliers.
- Communicate the progress of projects/tasks with team weekly basis and identify & assess the commercial supply risk with possible solution/countermeasure.
- Work with the supplier systems, ensuring that the relevant KPI measures are in place and regularly reviewed on all suppliers within your area of responsibility.
- Work closely with others within the department, making a positive contribution to good team working and idea generation.
- To maintain and further develop departmental procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with IATF16949. Support to ensure company adherence to legislation / compliance and specific customer request.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
Fully or partially qualified with CIPS (or studying towards CIPS) - Business or Engineering degree is advantageous.
Minimum hands-on experience in Production/Manufacturing environment for 5 years. Automotive industry and/or other highly technical industry which involves technical drawings or data is desirable.
Experience to work in a fast paced / dynamic environment.
Hands-on negotiation skill for better terms for commercial benefits.
Hands-on supplier audit & quotation analysis skill
Hands-on experience in supplier site audit in high volume production is advantageous.
Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing practice such as TPS, JIT, 5S is advantageous.
Experience in supplier management
Experience in Purchasing Electronic components
Knowledge for manufacturing process of Electronics (Print Base Assy)
Previous experience in a similar role
Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with teams
Good IT skills including power point, excel and word
Experience of working within a Tier 1 Automotive environment
Knowledge and/or experience in IATF16949, ISO9001, ISO 14001 & ISO26262 is advantageous
Knowledge of REACH/IMDS/PPAP is advantageous