Job Title: Logistics Assistant Manager
Working Hours: 40 hr week Monday - Thursday 08.00 - 16:30 Friday 8:00 - 16:30
(30 mins lunch 15 min am break)
Starting Salary: 25,000 - 30,000 (Salary Dependent on Experience)
• Facilitate the shipping of products from one destination to another
• Arrange transportation, schedule staff, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay
• Receive products and coordinate delivery
• Prepare loads for shipment and the necessary documentation
• Make sure warehouse capacity is kept at optimal levels
• Manage activities throughout the order fulfilment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met
• Continually review freight costs, transportation rates, and/or the prices of raw materials to keep costs down where possible
• Streamline shipping and transportation processes
• Book collections with freight forwards such as DPD, TNT, FedEx, DHL.
• Raise Certificates of Origin, Commercial Invoices and packing lists - attention to detail is vital
• Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
• Liaise with customers and inform them of tracking details. All communications to be logged through the CRM system (training provided).
• Prepare quotations for customers (weight, dimensions, advise suitable method of transport).
• Responsible for tracking of goods on route to their destination ensuring any problems that may arise are resolved so as to avoid delays.
• Maintain product commodity codes and weights on Sage 200.
• Raise purchase orders for packaging materials - weekly stock checks required.
• Raise purchase orders for all courier invoices and monitor costs.
• Liaise closely with shipping agents/schedule meetings/negotiate rates.
• Liaise with Production Supervisor on a daily basis attend production/Sales/ Logistics weekly meeting
• Assist in dispatch - packing
• Run monthly on time delivery reports (training provided)
• Organise Bi-Weekly shipments to the Ireland operation
• Import of records, accurate import file logs for HMRC
Essential Requirements, knowledge and skills
• Previous knowledge in arranging import/export shipments
• Knowledgeable of the latest Brexit shipping requirements
• Experience in shipping and packing containers
• Good use of Microsoft Excel
• Good organisational and administration skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
• Diligent attention to detail
• Follow procedures
• Professional appearance